Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So I have this lens...


So I have this wonderful 1000mm lens that was my dad's back in the 70's that he used to use to shoot windsurfers from the sea wall.  I put it on the camera last night to take pictures of the eclipse, and it was not working right.  It seems the connector ring is loose and the camera was wobbly on the lens and I couldn't get a great in-focus shot of the full eclipse.

Then in the middle of my frustrations last night ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE in my neighborhood at 2:30 AM mind you and while I thought it was a high speed chase, I went out front to look - every rescue vehicle was running down the main street.  A house burned down.  This close to Christmas.  I feel horrible for the family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot of the Moon. I like the way the crescent vanish into the darkness.

greygirl25 said...

Still a beautiful image.

I was thrilled to see it for all of about 4 minutes before the cloud cover returned.

So sorry to hear about the family down the street. That sucks.

MaggieGem said...

Looks like a great shot none the less! Shame about the family down the street, hope they are ok.

Breanna said...

I think this is an amazing shot!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the family down the street. Super sad to have that happen, regardless if it's close to Christmas.

Ingrid said...

Awesome shot. My prayers go out to the family down the street.