Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 46: We learn from our mistakes right?

They say we learn from our mistakes. Well, I hope that is true. This is a mistake. 1) It has been raining all day long. Hard to do a lot of shooting that way. 2) It's also colder than the Arctic. Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but its cold. I spent about a 1/2 hour in 1000% (no that is not a typo) humidity to get this - the problem, the water content in the air which was not fog, just made a lot of noise on the exposure. I took all of 17 shots today - nothing was exciting me through the lens.

Unfortunately I also found that I lost 95% of my fragile & pretty Christmas ornaments since they've been used last. So the nasty fabric ones that the kids & cats couldn't break are on the tree. Nothing to take there. Maybe tomorrow will be more inspiring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dijea, I like this! I think it's moody, and kind of mysterious.

And I am finding that noise in the exposure is not always a bad thing. A lot of those really old photos that people appreciate now tend to have a lot of noise in them. It can give your photo a more "period" look.

Yarbrough's said...

I agree, the picture could have been taken anywhere at any time. Anyone can see themselves being there at one time.

David Abbishaw said...

I dont think this is a mistake, its a lovely image, youve done well considering the weather. I know here in the UK weve had persitent rain for weeks and ebbs away at the inspiration.